Centre Against Violence
Hume Riverina Community Legal Service
The Orange Door
Women's Health Goulburn North East
The 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence originated from a petition that was circulated during the 1991 United Nations World Conference on Human Rights.
The 16 Days of Activism begins on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November) and ends on International Human Rights Day (10 December). The dates for the campaign were chosen to link violence against women and human rights. During this time, organisations and individuals from around the world raise awareness about women’s rights being human rights, and that violence against women is a fundamental violation of those human rights.
To celebrate this years 16 Days of Activism, we are heading out and about to have conversations with communities in our rural communities. It is free to attend and we would love you to come along!
We have a heap of organisations that are joining us for the roadshow! And we cannot wait to come to a town near you.
Join us for a free morning tea, meet and greet with your local organisations and hear about how you can help "call it out" by the legal team at Hume Riverina Community Legal Service.
- Tuesday 29th November – Whitfield 10am - 11.30am - Whitfield Recreation Reserve
- Thursday 1st December – Baranduda 11am - 12.30pm - Baranduda Community Centre
- Tuesday 6th December – Rutherglen 10am - 11.30am - Lions Park (wet weather option at the Seniors Citizens Centre)
- Thursday 8th December – Devenish 10am - 11.30am - Devenish Hall
- Tuesday 13th December – Mansfield 10am - 11.30am - The Buckland Centre
There is no need to book! Just come along and join the conversation.
If your organisation would like to be involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Illustrations by Chris ‘ROY’ Taylor. https://www.chrisroytaylor.com.au/